AARP offers 5 Reasons Why You Should Oppose Congress' Budget Bill:
1) Cuts Medicare by $487 billion.
2) Opens door to Medicare vouchers.
3) Raises Medicare eligibility age to 67.
4) Cuts Medicaid and other health programs by $1.5 trillion.
5) Cuts SNAP, which helps feed over 4 million older Americans.
AARP asks you to tell Congress NO!
EMAIL CONGRESS NOW
REP. JOHN KATKO: WWW.KATKO.HOUSE.GOV.
SEN. SCHUMER: WWW.SCHUME.SENATE.GOV/CONTACT/CONTACT_CHUCK.CFM
SEN. GILLIBRAND: WWW.GILLIBRAND.SENATE.GOV/CONTACT
Legislators at work for You
John Defrancisco, Senator Dist 50
David Valesky, Senator Dist 53
William Magnarelli, Assembly Dist 129
William A. Barclay, Assembly Dist 120
Albert Stirpe , Assembly Dist 127
Gary D. Finch, Assembly Dist 126
Pamela Hunter, Assembly 128
At the NY State level, we will be working with our legislators to pass the following:
-----Caregiving (two parts): for funding increases that assist family/relatives/others who help with difficult tasks that allow
-----people to remain at home longer (and complement the Older Americans Act) and a new bill [the CARE ACT] that would work with hospitals to properly instruct care providers in homecare (before patients leave the hospital);
-----Development of a "Work and Save" plan. This would allow small businesses to establish a retirement plan, that's portable, for their employees without burdening either side.
At both levels, there is the need for continuing a strong advocacy presence, plus education of legislators on the importance of these issues for all our citizens. If you can help out occasionally - even with a phone call to a legislator - please contact Bob O'Connor, our local Legislative Advocacy Coordinator at: email@example.com or by phone at 637-3920. Thank you.
If you want to contact your representatives
Email Congress now - see addresses below:
Rep. John Katko: www.katko.house.gov.
Sen. Schumer: www.schume.senate.gov/contact/contact_chuck.cfm
Sen. Gillibrand: www.gillibrand.senate.gov/contact
- For your own additional information go to: aarp.org;
- Phone numbers:
- Representative John Katko: 423-5657
- Senator Schumer: 423-5471
- Senator Gillibrand: 448-0470
- Want to get NY Legislative Advocacy Action by email, sign up by clicking on http://action.aarp.org/ny_advacacy
Chapter members working with other community people for the Safe Streets campaign.